Sunday 13 May 2012

Colour scheme

Front cover
Contents page


Double page spread
In order for the colour scheme of my music magazine to be consistent, I selected a certain amount of colours that would take up the background and basic templates for my front cover, contents page and double page spread. I did so by selecting the colours that I wanted firstly for my front cover, and then used these again throughout the rest of my production. The colours were a maroon/purple, purple and light pink/purple. As mentioned before, the reason why my production pieces should have a consistent colour scheme is because a young target audience are more likely to keep engaged within the magazine if the colours are consistent and their eyes are used to what they are seeing before them as they read the whole magazine. In addition, a magazine usually does follow a colour scheme, and I discovered this also when analysing 'Top of the Pops'. I also learnt that the colours used within the magazine usually are colours that the target audience connect to; for example, the colours for my magazine and 'Top of the Pops' seem feminine; colours that a young female audience are likely to prefer and connect with as one is likely to be their favourite colour. This links with what colours such an audience stereotypically find appealing; for a young female audience, presumably they like the colours pink and purple in particular. The use of the colour pink is also evident within the magazine 'Top of the Pops'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment