Sunday 13 May 2012

Photos that were used for my final production pieces

Front Cover (Main image)

Priya (my main model) jumped in the air in order for this photo to be produced. It took many attempts to get a photo that seemed adequate for my front cover of my pop music magazine. The location that the photograph was taken in did not need to be anywhere specific, and therefore when taking the photo, I was aware that the background did not need to suit my ideas. Therefore, I selected a place where it was quiet in the school and where we were able to take photos, and knew that I would be able to take away the background in order for this image to be used as my main image upon my front cover of my pop music magazine. I knew that this image would definitely be the image that was used on my front cover as I had initially planned for it to be, and inferred from the 'Top of the Pops' magazine that I had analysed that this pose is likely to appeal to a target audience of young females as firstly, the model is going to link with the main cover line, and therefore this reveals to the target audience that she is a pop star if they didn't already know. However, presumably the target audience would be familiar with the appearance of this pop star and therefore be attracted to the magazine front cover as a result of this.

In addition, it was an intention of mine for Priya's emotion to be happy and for her to be smiling, and this is because the target audience are more likely to be enticed by the magazine front cover if the main cover image is of a well known celebrity who seems friendly and eye contact is being made to the audience. As Priya is portraying a direct mode of address, the audience do feel as though she is directing the information that she gives within the pop music magazine to them. The outfit that she is wearing reflects the style that a young female audience would want to adopt; from analysing 'Top of the Pops', I inferred that the celebrity wore clothes that a mainstream audience would wear, and due to the fact that the target audience are young females, the clothes seem girly and reflect the typical clothing worn by this age group and gender (dresses). The accessories included also reflect what young girls wear; bracelets and a necklace. The pose that Priya is doing may be appealing to a target audience of young girls, who enjoy having fun and usually portray such behaviour as they are fun-loving at this age.

Front Cover (image alongside cover line)
 In order to entice my target audience, I used the idea of a boy band being present within my magazine (deducted from the pop magazine 'Top of the Pops' that I analysed). I had 4 models, who stood together and looked as though they were close and connected as a band. This is effective for my music magazine, as the cover line that I had this image alongside was stating how this boy band was going into school libraries in order to support an annual Readathon. The close proximity of these models indicates that they are supporting a cause together; and look as though they are a friendly band as they are making eye contact with the target audience (direct mode of address) and have their arms around each other, portraying friendliness. I took the photo in the school library, however I did not need to crop this band away from the background of books because the cover line that it went alongside was related to the band visiting school libraries, therefore it was a background that was suitable. The clothing that these models wear seem to focus upon the colour black, and this links the band and again tries to follow a consistency with the pop music magazine as a whole. The colours also link with the main model on the front cover (Priya) who is within the main image; she wears a dress that includes the colour black and eye make-up which also follows this colour scheme. The camera shot is a long shot, which is effective as the target audience can see the full outfit that these models are wearing (therefore seeing the colour scheme being consistent), and it makes sure that the target audience can see that the boy band is in a school library and therefore connects with the cover line.

Front cover (image alongside cover line)
The final image placed upon my front cover was an image of "Sam.W". This image relates to the one above of the boy band, as Sam.W is a member of this boy band. This is a long shot of the band member, and this is   effective as again the audience are able to see what he is wearing, which entices them to read the magazine as a young audience is interested in the clothing that pop stars wear. Again, the pop star is making eye contact with the target audience (direct mode of address) which keeps them engaged with the front cover of the music magazine. Sam.W looks relaxed within this photo, which is also likely to entice the target audience as he seems as though he is laid back and it links with the cover line that indicates that he is a friendly person as the audience are able to share their inspirational stories with him. The background of the picture did not need to be anything specific, as I was going to crop the model away from it when placing it upon my front cover.
Contents page
The photo above is similar to the one before it, although there is not a direct mode of address being made by Sam.W this time to the audience. Instead, he seems to be looking into the distance, which is effective as it suggests that he is thinking, and this links with the article that it is placed upon the contents page for; that people share their inspirational stories and it may be inferred that he is talking to one of the members of the target audience, as if he is looking towards them. The background was used when I placed it upon my contents page, which means that it was useful for my model to be standing in front of this wall. This is because it fitted well alongside the introductory line/title at the top of the contents page in a square/rectangle shape, and also suited the background shapes that I had formed in order for the contents page to come together well.

Contents page
Contents page



















I cut out two models who I captured dancing when I was at a sleepover. I placed them upon my contents page as they linked well with an article that I made up which stated information about a "Dance guide" that the magazine provided to the target audience. The models are wearing clothing which are likely to be appealing to the target audience of young females as the items seem colourful, as well as up-to-date with current fashion. The image on the left was taken at a low angle, and this is effective as it presents the dance move that the model is carrying out well and the target audience are able to imitate this as a result. The facial expression of the model seems to be happy as she is dancing, and therefore the target audience may be more inclined to read the content of the magazine because they would want to be happy as she is, and it seems as though if they carry out this dance move then they will consequently have fun. The audience also may get the impression that the model is in the middle of dancing within this image, as her hair seems to be in motion as it's in the air. This is effective as it makes it seem as though she is actually dancing, likewise to the image on the right whereby I cropped out the model on the right within this image, and her expression is also happy, which emphasises that these dance moves will bring the target audience joy and laughter. The background of both of the images did not need to be anything specific, as I cropped out both models when placing them upon my contents page.





Above are images which were taken also at a sleepover. As the 'Top of the Pop's' magazine that I analysed indicated that a target audience of young females are interested within clothing and fashion, I linked images of clothing to an article included upon my contents page. In order to do so, I cropped out many of the pieces of clothing that were in these images. Therefore, the background did not need to be a specific location and the facial expressions of the models did not need to  portray a certain emotion either as they were not included. 

Contents page
Priya is located upon my contents page, linking to the front cover where she is the main model within my main image. Here, Priya looks as though she is carefree and is having fun, as her hands are in the air and her mouth is open. This is likely to be appealing to the target audience of young females as this age range usually would like to have fun and by seeing an admired artist upon the contents page having fun, they are likely to be intrigued and want to read the article connected to her due to her behaviour that seems to be displayed within this image. The image being a long shot again allows the audience to see what Priya is wearing, and also when they see this image, they are likely to relate it back to the front cover whereby she is wearing the same clothes and therefore it links with the main story that she is jumping for in the main image. The background did not need to be anything specific as I cropped Priya away from this.

Double page spread
The only image used upon my double page spread was the one above; of Priya who was also upon my front cover and contents page. Again, her clothing is the same to the images that she wears upon the front cover and the contents page, which allows the audience to link these images together and be guided to this article. The background again did not need to be anything specific as I cropped Priya out of this image and made it larger, placing it in the centre of the double page spread. Priya's facial expression portrays the emotion of happiness, indicated by her smile, which is appealing to the target audience as they want to feel happy too, and she seems friendly. Eye contact is made again, which allows the audience to be engaged with the magazine (direct mode of address).

No comments:

Post a Comment